iWay Software’s B2B Suite Simplifies Complex Trading Environments
AkzoNobel Connects Easily with Business Units, Partners, and Suppliers Worldwide
Amstelveen, 08 Juni 2009
iWay Software, an Information Builders company and an innovator of enterprise integration solutions, today announced the release of iWay Software B2B Suite 6.0, an expanded product that quickly and easily maintains partner agreements and deploys trading relationships across secure Internet standard protocols. With an advanced, intuitive user interface, extensibility and operability with Information Builders integration and business intelligence (BI) products, iWay Software’s Business-to-Business (B2B) Suite allows enterprises like AkzoNobel to effectively manage B2B communications with multiple partners using any number of different message sets and protocols.
A key component of the new iWay B2B Suite, iWay Trading Partner Manager, manages the information and infrastructure of trading partners by making B2B interactions a natural extension of an organization’s application integration efforts. It also simplifies the management of complex environments within an organization. B2B channels are arteries through which all business flows. A typical company with hundreds of suppliers, consumers and business partners might use hundreds of transaction types, with each transaction including four to eight messages. Organizations with one or two business partners may not find this challenging, but as they add more partners, they need better control over how they interact with them.
AkzoNobel, one of the world’s largest specialty chemical companies, is deploying iWay Trading Partner Manager to manage relationships with more than 1,800 partners and distributors around the world. It connects all business units worldwide as well as suppliers, transportation companies, and customers across 17 trading networks. The product has simplified the ramp up of new partners and management of existing relationships and handles upwards of 750,000 transactions a year, giving the company an advantage in the highly competitive chemical manufacturing market.
iWay Trading Partner Manager, formerly named iWay Trading Manager, features a GUI application and additional run-time capabilities that enable organizations to more easily manage complex environments with many message types, services, communication protocols, security requirements, and more. Highlights include:
- Thin Web Client, Ajax-Enabled Administration User Interface. With an easy-to-use, fast and efficient front end, TPM delivers an interactive application within a visually compelling framework that enables quick and easy management of even the most complex of trading partner environments
- Audit Manager. Called automatically at points during the message lifecycle, Audit Manager can be configured to record any stage of message processing. It can be accessed from the Web console for transaction review. The Audit Manager is designed to be extended or replaced depending on business requirements
- Correlation Manager. Identifies the state of a message (send, technical acknowledgement, satisfaction), what acknowledgments are expected for each message, and whether they have been executed. This can also be used to monitor service-level agreements (SLAs)
- Trading Partner Information and Trading Partner Profile Facilities. Provides access to variables about each trading partner, correlation information, and other important B2B information. This includes transformations and process flows used for each partner, access keys (e.g., ISA06), error handler contacts, DUNS numbers, and more
- Highly Extensible Object-Oriented Architecture . Designed for set up and management of all kinds of partner interactions within a flexible and adaptable architecture from peer to peer to VAN networks, across multiple protocols, such as AS2 and ebXML, using established EDI message sets and custom data dictionaries
- Integrated With WebFOCUS-Based iWay Business Activity Monitor. Users can leverage TPM not only to manage trading partners, but also to monitor business activity with them for increased insight to better measure, understand, and maximize the value of their partner relationships
“ iWay has a successful history of helping customers tackle extraordinarily complex infrastructure challenges with our B2B solutions,” said Gerald Cohen, founder and CEO of Information Builders. “iWay's B2B Suite provides an easy gateway to set up and maintain a small or large number of partner relationships in a highly reliable and easy-to-manage framework. It let's our customers focus on relationships rather than integration.”
About iWay Software
iWay Software’s integration methodology is simple: it uses a single, integrated set of graphical design tools to assemble powerful pre-built components for enterprise-class business-to-business (B2B) integration, business process automation (BPA), or enterprise information management (EIM) integration scenarios – without the use of custom code. Integration configurations can be deployed in a stand-alone manner to any environment supporting a JVM – or to Web application servers from any vendor. iWay delivers the fastest, most cost-effective, and simplest way to integrate and streamline critical business processes. iWay Software’s vendor-, platform-, and protocol-neutral solutions achieve the promise of SOA: true reusability. For more information visit: http://www.iwaysoftware.com.
Over Information Builders
Information Builders is een onafhankelijke en toonaangevende ontwikkelaar met meer dan dertig jaar ervaring in enterprise Business Intelligence- en integratiesoftware. Hiermee wordt bedrijfsinformatie snel en gemakkelijk beschikbaar gemaakt voor interne en externe relaties, op strategisch, tactisch en operationeel niveau. Information Builders heeft meer dan 12.000 klanten wereldwijd, waaronder de meeste Fortune Top 100-bedrijven. Naast eigen productontwikkeling heeft Information Builders een wereldwijd partnernetwerk waarmee innovatieve BI-applicaties worden ontwikkeld. Information Builders heeft 1.450 medewerkers in 90 kantoren wereldwijd en 350 zakenpartners.
WebFOCUS is een schaalbare en gebruiksvriendelijke Business Intelligence-oplossing die rapportage op maat aanbiedt vanuit alle informatiebronnen van een organisatie.
iWay Software biedt eenvoudig te implementeren, open standaard integratieoplossingen die alle informatiebronnen en -applicaties van een bedrijf integreren. Onder het motto “Uw bedrijf. Geen belemmeringen.” maakt Information Builders meer bedrijfsgegevens beschikbaar dan andere BI-aanbieders.